Want to be a Guest Post Feature on Defined Sight?
No problem! We love supporting the blogging and online community!
Please read through our below requirements, instructions and let us know if you have any questions.
1. Let’s Be Friends First
You must have commented on one of our previous articles (or two!). If we receive random requests from writers we’ve never heard of, our stranger danger radar goes off! We encourage you to build a friendship/relationship with us before requesting to be guest post feature on Defined Sight. If you have a Twitter and Pinterest account – follow us there! Subscribe to get new post emails from us too!
2. Let Your Reputation Speak For Itself
You must have a legit site, be active and have regular content. If we go to your site and see you haven’t posted an article in quite a while, or are irregular, and it takes you a couple weeks to reply back to the comments you receive on your blog, then we encourage you to be a little more active and consistent before reaching out to guest post. Remember, our site will be driving traffic back to your site. We value our reader’s time and want to be sharing high quality content.
3. Fit Within One Of Our Categories
Review the articles on our site and how your post would fit within one of these categories: Motivational Money Topics, Careers & Professional Development, Lifestyle or Blogging About Blogging.
4. Contact Us
If you have followed the above steps, feel free to email us and toot your horn! Let us know how you found Defined Sight and how your article would make an excellent feature. Be sure to include your links to your website, Twitter, Pinterest or any other social sites you can be found on.
We will then review your sites and get back to you if we feel you are a good fit and ready to be featured on Defined Sight. We would then let you know the details of when an available day is in our schedule to post your article so you have time to prepare it.
A Few Rules For Your Article:
- No direct affiliate links of your own. No worries, we won’t put ours in there either!
- Linking back to your site where you have another article posted with affiliate links is fine…and encouraged!
- We may link back to one of our previous articles we have posted too if one of our key words is used, but only if that article relates to yours.
- Posts must be at least 1,000 words. We don’t have a max requirement but prefer you stay under 2,000 – 3,000 words.
- You must reply to comments you receive on your post as timely as possible, preferably same day or within 1 day of each comment received.
- If you have any Pinterest pins or pictures you would like in your article, please send them along with the description you would like placed in the Alt Text. Pinterest allows for about 500 characters to be used in the description (about 80-90 words). Hashtags in a few key words are encouraged.
- Provide your Meta Description (also known as the snippet). The max is about 300 characters (50 words) and it’s usually the intro of your article with your key words.
- We’ll provide a preview of the article so you can review it, get your final OK, and then post!